NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Rock Cats Ticket Giveaway starts at 9 a.m. (EST) Friday, April 4, 2014 and ends at 9 a.m. (EST), Friday, August 29, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is WCCT-TV (“Sponsor”) and The New Britain Rock Cats (“Rock Cats”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all entrants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsor. The computer clock of CT1 Media’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Entrants must be a US citizen or legal resident, age 18 or older at the time of entry, or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when they come to obtain prize. Employees (and their respective immediate family members) of the Sponsor, WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, Prize Provider, and of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies, are not eligible to win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited and outside Connecticut. Winners who have won a prize from a promotion sponsored by the Sponsor within the last six (6) months are ineligible and will be disqualified.
2. TO ENTER: Log onto http://ct.com/rockcatsticketgiveaway before Friday at 9am every week and complete all required fields in the Sweepstakes entry form including but not limited to name, address, age, phone number, and e-mail. Only one (1) entry per person or e-mail address per day, will be accepted for the entire Sweepstakes Entry Period
3. DEADLINE: All entries must be received by Friday morning at 9am in order to be eligible for the weeks drawing. Any entries received after the 9am deadline will automatically roll over into the following weeks drawing. If any dispute arises concerning the identity of an entrant, the owner of the email account associated with the entrant’s social media account from which entry was sent, as determined by the records of the applicable social media entity shall be deemed the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged, ineligible, late, or misdirected Tweets, or for errors in mechanical transmission, technical difficulties or inability to transmit Photos. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Every Friday, ten (10) winners will be selected at random from all eligible entries by the Sponsor to each receive two (2) tickets to any of the Rock Cats regular season home games during the 2014 season. The odds of qualifying depend on the number of entries received. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or e-mail within one (1) day of the drawing. If a selected Winner is ineligible, or if CT1 Media is unable to make contact after reasonable effort and time (one (1) day of initial call)), the prize shall be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
5. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Every Friday, ten (10) Winners will be selected at random to each receive two (2) tickets to any of the Rock Cats regular season home games during the 2014 season. (ARV: $16). Home games are held at the New Britain Stadium, located at 230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT. For the complete Rock Cats schedule, visit http://www.milb.com/schedule/index.jsp?sid=t538. Travel to and from the games, parking, meals, or any other charges or fees not set forth herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize, as well as all other costs or expenses involved in claiming the prize are the responsibility of the Winner. To claim the prize, Winners must come to the Hartford Courant building, located at 285 Broad St, Hartford, CT to pick up tickets, or call 860-723-2012 to arrange delivery of tickets. If the Winner fails to provide proof of age, residence and eligibility, or fails to claim the prize by the end of their drawings eligible week, that winner shall be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited. The Prize package (or any part thereof) is not replaceable if lost or stolen, non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. No prize substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All decisions regarding interpretation of these Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes made by the Sponsor are final and binding.
6. CONDITIONS & RESTRICTIONS: Entrants agree Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Sweepstakes and that its decisions are final and binding. Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, any entry submission and any other information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and/or its affiliates, without additional compensation. Winners by acceptance of a prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent companies and affiliates, and each of their employees, representatives, contractors, Sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, losses of any kind, damage, causes of action, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for personal injury of any prizewinner incurred in connection with the use of their prize. All federal, state and local laws apply, and this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Winner may be required to provide proof of legal name, age, address, and zip code to receive prize (for example, in the form of a valid government-issued identification card or state-issued driver’s license). Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. The use of automated entry devices or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Sweepstakes is prohibited. Sponsors’ decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the prize winners are final. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Connecticut law, excluding choice of law provisions.
Sponsor is not responsible for changes made to the Prizes being awarded; including any delay, cancellation or postponement of the Prize events, and is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest or in the announcements of the prizes/prize winners.
By participating in this Contest, you also agree to have your name, entry submission, biographical information, and likeness used in any and all media for promotional purposes relating to this contest or future similar contests without further compensation or notice, except as prohibited by law.
Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
7. INTERNET: If for any reason, this Contests is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest or any portion of the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. Information submitted in entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail, etc., may be used by WTIC-TV/WCCT-TV, Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC for marketing or promotional purposes.
9. SPONSOR: Tribune Broadcasting Hartford, LLC, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115 and The New Britain Rock Cats, 230 John Karbonic Way, New Britain, CT 06051
10. PRIZE PROVIDER: WCCT-TV, 285 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06115